Thousands of websites can offer basic tips on how to run an efficient garage sale and these ten suggestions from GetRichSlowly.org should get you moving in the right direction.
1. A group sale is better than selling alone. More stuff draws more traffic.
2. Be prepared. Be ready to go the night before so that you don’t have to rush around in the morning.
3. Plan your sale layout with customers in mind. Use marketing tricks to make your customers more likely to purchase your stuff!
4. Price things carefully.
5. Label things well.
6. Be friendly. Greet people as they arrive – chat if they’re chatty.
7. Do not bad-mouth your items.
8. Be willing to bargain, but be less flexible at the start.
9. Keep a ledger. Jot down a description of each item and how much you sold it for.
10. Do not use a cash box. Keep your money on you at all times.